|Two different Catch-22 cycles|
- Before taking any task, take a little time to know the task well. Understand all aspects of the task & the different view points.
- Plan your work well, based on the understanding of all the aspects of the task.
- If you are going to use a new software or tool, first spend time in understanding all the features of the software & tool. Some of the features could make things easy for you. Remember the saying “A job well begun is job well done.”
- Repeat tasks must be automated. Let the computer do the job for you. Write macros or similar processes to ensure your efficiency increases.
- Finally, learn from others ideas, tools, utilities & experiences. Share your utilities, tools & ideas with others.
(First published in a private magazine in October, 2000)